Is Coursera as excellent as everyone says it is?
So, let’s get this party started. It is one of the most prominent eLearning platforms available, including Business, data science and Health courses, and many other subjects. Coursera not only provides a variety of education materials but also specializations and degrees.
Doesn’t this sound pretty convincing?
However, as good as this certificate sounds it doesn’t mean it’ll suit all your educational needs. Like every other thing, it also has its cons. All you need to do is identify the best program for you i.e. Computer science and enroll.
Let us now dig deeper into the Coursera certificate review and know more.
Coursera certificate worth it
When answering this question, you need to look at all the perspectives differently. You have to understand that a Coursera course will not guarantee you that dream job you’ve been longing for. However, it has more pros that should make you want to consider it especially in your quest for job hunting.
Look at your strengths at your workplace and contrast them with weaknesses. You may be lagging in communication skills or have poor social relations with colleagues and you need help to improve. That’s where a platform like Coursera comes in.
The course will help fill the gaps in your curriculum vitae and soon you’ll start attracting employers. Remember, once employers see you completed the course, they’ll get the idea that you’re interested in an area and determined to go an extra mile.
Pros of Coursera certificate
- There are lots of affordable degrees which are a bit low compared to on-campus courses
- You can learn at your own pace by simply downloading the course material and reading them offline. You do not have to be physically present to access the materials.
- It also has the option of free courses for personal reasons but you won’t receive a certificate. Upon upgrading, then you can get your certificate.
- Having partnered with over 200 top organizations and universities like IBM, Stanford University, and Google, your money value is safe.
- The quality of the courses is top-notch. Only experts handle them.
Cons of Coursera certificate
- Mixed pricing- Every day, potential learners are amazed by the unfixed course payment subscriptions. They keep changing and thus become so confusing even for those who want to try the services.
- Preexisting knowledge- Some courses need prior skills and knowledge based on the nature of the course.
Are Coursera certificates accredited?
Yes, most of the Coursera degrees are accredited as long as you subscribe to the premium ones. Besides, these certificates are quite valuable to employers.
There are Master Track Certificates that offer more in-depth knowledge on the web. You might want to try them out even though they take longer to complete. But In the end, you’ll have the full degree that you can showcase to employers.
Can I get a job with a Coursera certificate?
Completing a Coursera course and acquiring a certificate doesn’t guarantee you a job instantly. Even if you add it among the certifications in your CV. This however doesn’t imply that enrolling in its courses is a complete waste of time.
Coursera ranks high among online platforms worldwide. For someone with a Coursera certificate, you are more likely to improve your skills.
And with your enhanced abilities, you will outperform a rival seeking the same position as you. That is an advantage you should pursue.
Are Coursera certificates good for a resume?
Coursera aims at helping individuals grasp the job-ready desirable skills, advance in their careers, and earn the best credentials.
Adding the Coursera certificate to your resume will showcase your accomplishments to recruiters. So yes, they are good in resumes as you stand higher chances of being hired.
Cost of Coursera certificate : is coursera free for students?
There are so many Coursera courses online and the cost of each course is different. So if you settle for the ideal ones, you can compare the costs and make the final decision.
Individual Courses-These range in price from $29.99 to $99.99 and might take many weeks to finish. Upon completion, you will receive a certificate.
Specializations are made up of numerous courses and might take up to 6 months to finish. Their price ranges from $39 to $79 each month, depending on the extent of the specialism.
Finally, Coursera offers entire degrees. These are the most prestigious and useful for your profession, but they take years to finish and cost a lot-anything from $1,500 to $20,000.
Most courses give you a 7day free trial and you’ll afterward be charged.
How to add Coursera certificate to LinkedIn profile
If you wish to share your Coursera certificates, follow the following steps:
- Ensure you’re logged into your Coursera account
- Go to accomplishments
- Select the documents you wish to share on your LinkedIn page.
- Click add to LinkedIn
- Follow the instructions of copy-pasting them to LinkedIn
Alternatively, you can first confirm if you have the certificate by email. If not, search for “my courses” in the left pane and click on the completed courses. There’s a link to the certificate.
- On the top of your LinkedIn page, click on “add profile section”
- Scroll downwards till you see Licenses and certifications and click on the “+” to add your certificate
- A pop-up menu will appear asking you to add the cert details. This includes the name of the course, institution, etc.
- Select save.
Coursera vs. Pluralsight: Review of Pluralsight
Unlike Coursera, pluralsight is another online platform specifically in the tech career and wants to add some skills for a certain role.
The starting cost for Pluralsight courses is $29.
Pros of Pluralsight
- There’s 24hour email and phone customer support
- In case an area isn’t well covered, it is repeated for the sake of those who didn’t understand
- Offers high-quality education and instructed by a team of experts
- The monthly subscriptions are affordable
- There’s the issuance of certificate upon completing the course and is good in CVs
Cons of Pluralsight
- Only offers technical courses
- Suitable for beginners. There isn’t much-upgraded coursework
- Even though you can access the platform via mobile apps, some individuals have complained of poor-quality audio and videos.
In a nutshell, Coursera or Pluralsight certificates alone cannot land you a job. However, the more skills you gain have the greater impact on how well you do your job. Recruiters are likely to pick you among other competitors.
You’ll love Coursera for its high-quality courses and accredited certificates.